Frequently Asked Questions
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Can my insurance company or my attorney obtain a copy of my report? Insurance companies and attorneys may request copies of accident reports by sending their request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If an insurance company or attorney wishes to request the supplemental report for an accident, requests must be submitted in writing on letterhead together with a completed Record Request Form; requests should include the name of their insured or client. NO ONE is allowed access to unredacted reports in order to seek future clients.
- What is the cost of police records? Police reports are 25¢ per page; disks with photos, audio recordings and/or squad videos are an additional $12 per disk. There is no charge for accident reports that are emailed, however the regular fees apply for supplemental reports; if you request an accident report to be mailed via USPS, there is a $2 charge.
- How long does it take to obtain a copy once requested? Generally, our records requests are processed within 7-10 business days. Given the nature of the Federal privacy act, we must examine each page of each report and redact (black out) ten (10) different data elements wherever they are found. This is a laborious and time-consuming process that must be handled in addition to our regular public service duties.
- I don’t understand the Records Request Form; can you tell me which authorization I should use? Unfortunately, we are not allowed to advise you which authorization you may meet. Please seek the advice of your insurance company or legal representative with questions on the form.
- What are your hours? The Records Division is open Monday through Friday, 7:30am – 4:00pm (closed most holidays). Records requests must be placed during business hours; however, when records are ready to be picked up, they may be picked up between 7:30am – 10:00pm any day of the week, including weekends and holidays.
- How can I contact the GBPD Records Division?
By phone: (920) 448-3329
By email: email@example.com
Green Bay Police Department
307 S Adams St
Green Bay WI 54310