Welcome to the District D Home Page
District D, on the city’s east side, is the largest and most populated district. The district is bordered by the East River, Baird Street, Interstate 43 (I-43), and Danz Avenue on its west side, the bay of Green Bay on the north, and the corporate city limits on the east and south.
District D is overseen by Captain Brad Florence. The District is divided into 3 Sectors, each having a Community Police (CP) Officer assigned to it:
- Sector One CP is Officer Dave Van Erem
- Sector Two CP is Officer Mike Francois
- Sector Three CP is Officer Bob Matheny
Additionally, patrol officers are assigned specifically to District D to provide patrol coverage 24/7.
By assigning Community Police and Patrol Officers who work this district every day of their work week, allows them to have a great understanding of the people and community within the district. However, the Green Bay Police Department cannot do it alone. We value our partnership with the community and the numerous Neighborhood Associations within the district.
There are many attractive business venues in District D like the:
- East Mason Street, Main Street, and University Avenue corridors
- East Town Mall
- I-43 Business Center
There are several recreational activities available in District D such as the:
- Arnie Wolfe Soccer Complex
- Baird Creek Parkway
- Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary
- City of Green Bay Softball Complex
- Shorewood Golf Course
- Woods Golf Course
Traveling through District D is Interstate 43, a major thoroughfare around Green Bay and gateway to northern Wisconsin, and Highway 54-57 which carries thousands of vehicles to Door County.
Also in District D are several medical facilities that include:
- Aurora Baycare Medical Center
- Milo C. Huempfner VA Clinic
- Prevea Health Center
- Brown County Community Treatment Center
District D contains many school campuses such as the:
- University of Wisconsin, Green Bay
- Preble and New Lutheran High Schools
- Red Smith, Edison, and Saint Bernard Middle Schools
- Numerous public and parochial elementary schools