Deer Management Program
The City of Green Bay Deer Management Program is an archery only management hunt located on City-owned property within the city limits of Green Bay. The following is a general summary of the program.
1. The City of Green Bay Deer Management Program (CGBDMP), with approval of Green Bay City Council and DNR, is designed to help manage the White-tailed deer population within the city limits of Green Bay. Harvesting any other game is strictly prohibited.
2. Hunters must abide by all regulations outlined in the City of Green Bay Deer Management Program Information and Regulations manual at all times.
3. Hunters are selected through a yearly application process, as outlined in the City of Green Bay Deer Management Program information and Regulations manual.
4. Hunters may only access their assigned site for hunting related activities with proper authorization only during associated management seasons, Spring: March thru mid-April and Fall: 2nd Saturday in September thru January 31st of following year.
5. Possession of a firearm is strictly prohibited at all times while participating in the CGBDMP.
6. Tree stands must be removed at end of each day. No permanent stands allowed.
7. City of Green Bay Residents may apply during a 2-week early enrollment period beginning December 18th thru December 31st. General public may apply beginning January 1st through January 31st. All applications must be received by January 31st at 4pm, No Exceptions. Acceptance into the program is not guaranteed.
8. Applications can only be completed between the dates of December 18th through January 31st. Any applications with dates prior to December 18th will not be accepted.
How to apply for the City of Green Bay Deer Management Program:
1. Print and complete the City of Green Bay Deer Management Program Application (PDF).
2. Print and complete the City of Green Bay Deer Management Program Archery Proficiency (PDF). The Archery Proficiency test is to be completed at a facility of your choosing at your own cost. The archery proficiency must be done prior to turning in your application.
3. Read the City of Green Bay Deer Management Program Information and Regulations Manual (PDF). Print off the final page of the City of Green Bay Deer Management Program Information and Regulations manual and return the completed form along with remainder of application materials.
4. Return all application materials listed above by the deadline of your corresponding application period by the following means:
a. Mail all application materials to the Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary address below.
Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary
c/o Austin Larsen
1660 East Shore Drive
Green Bay, WI 54302
b. Drop off all application materials in an envelope, addressed as above, in the mailbox located outside of the Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary Nature Center during normal operating hours.
c. Fax all application materials to the Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary at (920)-391-3679 addressed to Austin Larsen.
Please contact Austin Larsen, Program Administrator, with any questions: (920)-391-3678 or Austin.Larsen@greenbaywi.gov
City Deer Management Program Sites
Click image below to view larger map.