Board of Review
Please contact the Assessor’s office before submitting an objection form for the Board of Review at 920-448-3066
PUBLIC NOTICE TO RESIDENTS OF THE CITY OF GREEN BAY
The year 2020 Assessment Roll will be open for examination on the City website at https://greenbaywi.gov/151/Assessor. The Assessor will be available by phone at (920) 448-3066 on Wednesday, May 27, 2020, from 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. to answer questions. Any person may request reasonable alternate accommodations to examine or discuss the roll by contacting the Assessor’s office.
The roll will then be submitted to the Board of Review for the hearing of appeals on Thursday, June 4, 2020, commencing at 8:30 A.M. Persons wanting to file objections with the Board of Review must do so by
8:30 A.M. on Tuesday, June 2, 2020.
NOTICE OF THE BOARD OF REVIEW
FOR THE CITY OF GREEN BAY
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Review for the City of Green Bay of Brown County, Wisconsin, shall convene remotely via Zoom Meeting for the purpose of hearing objections to property valuations on the 4th day of June, 2020, from 8:30 A.M. to conclusion. The Board must meet for a minimum of two hours. The applicable requirements for the hearing follow the meeting information.
Any person may attend the Board of Review Zoom Meeting by computer, tablet, or phone. Meeting ID: 859 3408 4053 Password: 366984
To join the meeting using a computer or tablet, please go to https://bit.ly/25KLkXG
Enter the Meeting ID and Password when prompted.
To join the meeting by phone, dial one of the following numbers, based on your location:
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York) +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown) +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago) +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
If the number nearest to your location does not work, continue trying the other numbers.
When prompted, enter the Meeting ID and Password.
To view the agenda for the Board of Review meeting and full instructions for attending a Zoom Meeting, visit https://greenbaywi.gov/meetings, select the “Board of Review” category from the drop-down menu for “Current and Upcoming Events,” and select the link for the June 4, 2020 Board of Review meeting.
Any person may request reasonable alternate accommodations to attend the Board of Review Meeting by contacting the City Clerk at (920) 448-3010. The Clerk’s Office is also able to provide more detailed instructions on accessing the Zoom meeting.
PLEASE BE ADVISED OF THE FOLLOWING SEVEN (7) REQUIREMENTS.
Failure to follow these requirements may result in your objections being dismissed.
- DUE TO COVID-19, the Board will hear, upon oath, testimony from any person. All persons seeking to testify before the Board in 2020 shall submit a “Request to Testify by Telephone or Submit a Sworn Written Statement” Form along with their objection, which may list “COVID-19” as the basis for the request. The form is available on the Board of Review website at: https://greenbaywi.gov/303/Board-of-Review or by contacting the City Clerk’s Office at
- Written or oral notice of an intent to file an object may be submitted to the Clerk at (920) 448-3010, or by email to email@example.com. The Board of Review may not hear an objection to the amount or valuation of property unless, at least 48 hours before the Board’s first scheduled meeting, the objector provides to the Board’s Clerk written or oral notice of an intent to file an objection, except that upon a showing of good cause and the submission of a written objection, the Board shall waive that requirement during the first 2 hours of the Board’s first scheduled meeting, and the Board may waive that requirement up to the end of the 5th day of the session or up to the end of the final day of the session if the session is less than 5 days with proof of extraordinary circumstances for failure to meet the 48-hour notice requirement and failure to appear before the Board of Review during the first 2 hours of the first scheduled meeting.
- Written objections may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Objections to the amount or valuation of property shall first be made in writing and filed with the Clerk of the Board of Review within the first 2 hours of the Board’s first scheduled meeting, except that, upon evidence of extraordinary circumstances, the Board may waive that requirement up to the end of the 5th day of the session or up to the end of the final day of the session if the session is less than 5 days. The Board may require objections to the amount or valuation of property to be submitted on forms approved by the Department of Revenue, and the board shall require that any forms include stated valuations of the property in question. Persons who own land and improvements to that land may object to the aggregate valuation of that land and improvements to that land, but no person who owns land and improvements to that land may object only to the valuation of that land or only to the valuation of improvements to that land. No person may be allowed in any action or proceedings to question the amount or valuation of property unless the written objection has been filed and that person in good faith presented evidence to the Board in support of the objections and made full disclosure before the Board, under oath, of all of that person’s property liable to assessment in the district and the value of that property. The requirement that objections be in writing may be waived by express action of the Board.
- When appearing before the Board of Review, the objecting person shall specify in writing the person’s estimate of the value of the land and of the improvements that are the subject of the person’s objection and specify the information that the person used to arrive at that estimate.
- No person may appear before the Board of Review, testify to the Board by telephone, or object to a valuation if that valuation was made by the Assessor or the Objector using the income method of valuation, unless the person supplies the Assessor with all the information about income and expenses, as specified in the Assessor’s manual under s. 73.03 (2a), Wis. Stats., that the Assessor requests. The City of Green Bay has an ordinance for the confidentiality of information about income and expenses that is provided to the Assessor under this paragraph that provides exceptions for persons using information in the discharge of duties imposed by law or the duties of their officer or by order of a court. The information that is provided under this paragraph is not subject to the right of inspection and copying under s. 19.35 (1), Wis. Stats, unless a court determines that it is inaccurate.
- No person may appear before the Board of Review, testify to the board by telephone, or contest the amount of any assessment unless, at least 48 hours before the first meeting of the board, or at least 48 hours before the objection is heard if the objection is allowed under s. 70.47 (3) (a), Wis. Stats., that person provides to the Clerk of the Board of Review notice as to whether the person will ask for the removal of a member of the board of review and, if so, which member, and provides a reasonable estimate of the length of time the hearing will take.
- After the first meeting of the Board of Review and before the Board’s final adjournment, no person who is scheduled to appear before the Board of Review may contact or provide information to a member of the Board about the person’s objection, except at a session of the Board.
Kris A. Teske
Clerk, City of Green Bay
- City Hall
Room 203, Council Chambers
100 N Jefferson Street
Green Bay, Wisconsin 54301
- 2020 Guide for Property Owners (PDF)
- Agent Authorization Form (PDF)
- Request for Waiver Board of Review Form (PDF)
- 2020 Objection to Personal Property Assessment Form (PDF)
- 2020 Objection to Real Property Assessment Form (PDF)
- 2020 Request to Testify by Telephone or Submit a Sworn Written Statement Form (PDF)